Saturday, February 26, 2011

MS Project 2010 Pro & I.E 8

Everything has been going good on setting up and testing MS Project Server 2010. How nice it would be if you don't see any issues. Yes, this is the time. It's on the compatibility issues that am undergoing. No blaming of such a nice product, but yet it doesn't work on IE 6, of course on other browsers like Mozilla, Chrome and Safari.

Here is the scenario. We are on IE 6 though we have many people started using either IE 7 or IE 8. However the people who are to evaluate P14 is on IE 6 for very specific reasons, which is becoming a challenge. So right now I am hunting for the solution.


I know I will be able to provide remote connection to the host that has IE8 and MS Project 2010 installed. This can not be a solution rather than a work around. So am looking if there is any alternate to overcome. Right now evaluating IE Collection1.7 version which allows you to keep multiple version of IE on your computer for the same computer. 

My assumption and what I heard from consultants is that MS Project 2010 Pro will be looking for IE 7 or 8 as a base IE on the computer. Let me see what finding I have. Good weekend!

1 comment:

Ravi said...

Humm.... Installation was successful but it did not work well on Windows 7 laptop. Hunting for another model